Thanks to the community’s feedback, we are planning on releasing new citadel levels. However, as you know in order to release new citadel levels we also need to release new levels for the connected buildings.
So far so good, right? Well, yes and no. The devil is in the details.
The current logic for expanding the building levels is not exactly great. If we release new levels with the current logic, the numbers become truly ridiculous. In other words, the time and resources needed for the upgrades go through the roof. Literally…
⬇️ Below you can see the curves or rather straights that you get with the current logic.
And this is the case for all buildings, not just the Citadel.
⬇️ And these are the curves with the new logic.
As you can see, it’s much smoother. Which basically means that after a certain level, the requirements won't grow as drastically as before.
The idea is simple. We implement the new logic around late February/early March, so the requirements don’t go sky high and then release the new citadel levels. Hopefully, in March/April.
Please keep in mind that none of the dates and months are final. They may be changed.
Will there be a difference in the requirements for existing levels after the rebalancing?
Learning from past mistakes, we’d like to be upfront about any change in requirements that will result from this rebalancing.
Those of you who are between levels 11 and 25 of your Citadel can sit tight for now because the requirements will not only not stay the same but they will be decreased. Meaning, after we push the new balance, you will need to spend less time and resources to upgrade your buildings. You can also upgrade now with the current requirements, entirely up to you.
On the other hand, everyone who is level 26 and above will see their requirements increase. And the increase is a bit heftier than what we would’ve liked. Our design team did their best to keep the values as close as possible. However, it was inevitable that there would be a difference.
Okay, that’s kind of the bad news. Now for the good news. We want to help you out with the new requirements. How? By doing the following:
- Send everyone who is level 26 and above 100 million wood, stone and gold in the form of packages that you can store for later.
- Send everyone who is level 25 and below 10 million wood, stone and gold in the form of packages that you can store for later.
- Send everyone 100 days of accelerations.
- Currently planning on launching a special game-wide buff to construction cost, which will reduce everyone’s construction costs for 1 month after the changes go live.
[Updated] The exploit-shaped elephant in the room 🐘
Honesty is the best policy, so let’s be honest to each other. We unintentionally released several city skins in the game that can be used for an exploit when combined with other bonuses.
Many players still have a number of those skins and if we don’t do anything about it, the possible amount of exploits can harm the game badly. In the end, no one benefits from that.
So, how do we go forward with the changes while at the same time ensure that the exploits are reduced to a minimum?
We plan to cap the amount of cost reduction that can exist in the game. With the release of version 4.9.3 we flagged several new possibilities for exploits, similar to the one with construction cost. In a nutshell, all cost reduction bonuses in the game can be stacked endlessly and this creates numerous possibilities for misuse.
To ensure the game’s well-being and longevity this has to be addressed. That’s why we plan on introducing a 80% cost reduction bonus cap to all eligible game mechanics next week. Some of them include:
In other words, the maximum amount of the reduction won’t be bigger than 80% of the visible cost.
It’s important to note that most of the mentioned mechanics won’t be affected in a significant way or at all but we’re adding the cap as a precaution.
- We are releasing new Citadel levels. The plan for now is to do it around March/April but it’s not 100% certain.
- We need to rebalance the construction timers and resource cost to prevent endless growth of the requirements.
- We are planning to implement the new balance around late February/early March.
- The new balance will cause the time and resource requirements to decrease for levels 25 and below.
- The new balance will cause the time and resource requirements to increase for levels 26 and above.
- We are going to help with covering the difference by sending the items mentioned above and launching a game-wide buff to construction cost.
- Exploiting skins with a construction cost reduction bonus will no longer be possible.
We would be happy to hear your thoughts and address any of your concerns. Join us on Discord 👉 https://discord.gg/gods-and-glory.