What are Shrines?
Shrines are special buildings, where you can boost your progress with useful bonuses! They are automatically unlocked for players with Citadel level 15 or higher. Shrines are guarded by an army of monsters. Meaning that before you capture a Shrine and get the bonuses, you have to fight and destroy the monsters.
The shrines are separated into 3 tiers. You can check which tier a shrine is before attacking it. In order to be able to attack a specific tier you will have to research it in the University first.
You can only occupy 2 Shrines of the same Tier, if you have researched Additional Shrine in university for the respective Tier.
New University Research Branches
Researching Shrines in the University allows you to not only unlock higher shrine tiers but also boost their effects! By conducting research you can:
- Increase the percentage of the shrine effect. For example, increase the resource production bonus of the Shrine of Wealth from 50% (basic) to 75% (max) by researching Shrine Bonus I enough times.
- Increase the number of Shrines you can occupy at the same time to 2 per tier, 6 in total. There is a separate branch for each shrine tier called Additional Shrine.
- Unlock additional bonuses for your army, which will help with defeating the Shrine monsters. After you unlock a shrine tier you can research an additional bonus to boost your army while it’s fighting against shrine monsters.
- Unlock higher tiers of Shrines, which will have better bonuses.
After you successfully clear a Shrine from the monsters and set up your own army to defend it, you will receive a continual bonus. The maximum duration of the bonus is 3 days, while your army is occupying the specific Shrine. After the duration ends, the Shrines will be redistributed at random on the map again.
Different Shrines offer different bonuses. This way you will be able to choose which Shrines to attack, so they bring buffs that are meaningful to you. Let’s check them out.
- Shrine of Wealth — increases production by 50%. Can be boosted to 75% via research.
- Shrine of Luck - increases the luck of your squad by 20%. Can be boosted to 30% via research
- Shrine of Energy - increases the energy restoration speed by 20%. Can be boosted to 30% via research.
- Shrine of Prosperity — increases resources from Outposts by 50%. Can be boosted to 75% via research
- Shrine of Proliferation — increases the house capacity by 30%. Can be boosted to 45% via research.
- Shrine of Valor — increases valor production by 50%. Can be boosted to 75% via research.
- Shrine of Travel — increases march speed by 50%. Can be boosted to 75% via research.
- Shrine of Time — increases craft speed by 13.33%. Can be boosted to 20% via research.
- Shrine of Tactics — increases PVP experience by 100%. Can be boosted to 150% via research.
How do the shrine bonuses work?
The bonuses do not double if you occupy two shrines of the same type. For example:
If a player occupies 2 Shrines of Wealth, which boost resource production by 50% each, their bonus will NOT become 100%. Only one of the two identical Shrines will provide a bonus.
Leaving a shrine
If a player leaves a Shrine on their own, then the monsters will immediately occupy the Shrine again. Additionally, the level of these monsters will increase by 1 for each time a player voluntarily leaves the Shrine. This effect is only reset, when the Shrines are newly distributed throughout the map.
What are the Monster levels?
Tier I shrine Monsters start from level 15 and can be increased to 30.
Tier II shrine Monsters start from level 18 and can be increased to 30.
Tier III shrine Monsters start from level 21 and can be increased to 30.