Unique buildings are vital to your city, and either start prebuilt, or require to be repaired as your city grows.
Citadel is the centerpiece structure of your city. Much of what you can do is determined by the level of your Citadel. Upgrading the Citadel unlocks additional building slots, construct and upgrade buildings, statues, and ultimately access various parts of the game.
Starting at level 10, your Citadel will receive a durability rating. Losing defensive battles in your city — on the Wall — will set your Citadel on fire, dealing damage. Fires can be put out ahead of time, and the Citadel has to be repaired afterwards. If your city burns down, you will receive hefty penalties to your construction and research, as well as in other areas.
You can find various useful information on your city in your Citadel, such as city resources, structures, boosts and more.
Requirements: Wall, House, Barracks, and an extra building (varies by level)
The Wall is the main defensive structure of your city, providing you with the means to deploy armies and protect your Citadel. If an enemy attacks your city, they will have to defeat the army deployed to the Wall to plunder your city. If they're victorious, you will lose a share of your unprotected resources and your medals, your Citadel will be set on fire. If you allow it to burn, you may end up with a razed city that will impose negative penalties on construction, research and other stats, and may take a while to repair.
Upgrading the Wall increases the capacity (weight) of the army you can deploy. This capacity can also be temporarily increased by building a Statue of Defense.
Tapping on the Wall allows you to deploy an Army, use related consumables (flasks, shields, etc) and more.
You can receive additional rewards for keeping your Wall manned at all times without losing defensive battles in your city. Tap on "Prize List" to find out more.
Requirements: Barracks, House
The Port allows you to fulfill trade orders by loading and sending away trade ships in return for alliance credits, stardust, port points and tablets. The Port starts destroyed on the eastern shore of your city, and can be repaired once you reach Citadel level 10.
Upgrading the Port increases the rewards provided when sending ships. Additionally, in order to upgrade the Port, you will need to obtain Anchors available in the regular store, alliance store, rewards in events and tournaments, and in some special offers. The Port can only be upgraded to level 10.
Altar of Summoning
The Altar of Summoning allows you to summon and pray to Lesser and Elder Gods in the game. Lesser Gods are available in every alliance at the start, while Elder Gods have to be researched in the Alliance Temple tab.
Praying to Gods grants alliance credits, alliance points and a production boost to specific resources depending on the god summoned.
The Altar also allows you to synthesize tablets from lower to higher tiers using stardust.
Upgrading the Altar reduces the time required to summon a god, while the level 2 Altar allows you to summon Elder Gods.
Watchtower provides your city with an area of influence, that primarily allows you to interact with global map objects (outposts and bastions, for example) without having to march to them, if they're within your area of influence. If two cities find themselves within one another's area of influence, the one with lower Power rating will be forced to teleport away.
If your city is located within the borders of your alliance, your Watchtower contributes its points of influence to the total alliance area of influence.
Upgrading the Watchtower increases the amount of influence points provided, which can be further increased with Alliance Patron subscriptions, certain city skins and so on. Additionally, upgrading the Watchtower requires Lanterns that can be obtained in the store, events, quest rewards and more.
Requirements: Wall, Barracks, House
Mercurio's Tower is a unique building where you can exchange valuable items and currency. Some exchanges will require AURUM - a rare currency valuable to the trade merchant Mercurio.
Тhe tower is unlocked automatically at the beginning of the game.
It is fully functional from the beginning and has no means to be upgraded further.
Altar of Power
A new unique building appears in your capital: the Altar of Power! This building enables you to get nice bonuses in the game depending on the number of points of might earned for construction and research at the University. You don't need to construct the Altar of Power: it becomes available automatically when you reach the required Citadel level.
- Get special levels of Glory by earning points of might: every level of Glory requires a different number of points.
- The time to get each level of Glory is limited! If the countdown on the timer above the Altar of Power runs out, all Glory levels are reset. If you get a new level, your bonuses are enhanced and you can start earning points for the next level.
- The points of might that exceed the number required to get a new level are not carried over to the progress bar for getting the next level.
- Even when at the top level of Glory, remember to score points to stay at the top!
- Destroying buildings removes points of power which are an accumulative of all the levels of the building and are written in red when you click on demolish. This negative in points of power is reflected in the Altar of Power. In order to remove the negative in the altar, you must in a way "pay it back". The altar only lasts 24 hours once activated, however, if it is not activated the negative stays there until you gain more points of power than the negative. Note: if you have an altar level activated and you demolish a building, the negative is reset when the altar deactivates.
- Twitter support is disabled. Authorization of all game accounts connected to Twitter is reset to authorization without connection to any social network.
- During events that involve collecting items in the game, a menu with the activity's description and your progress in it is displayed.
- More privacy: in the game settings, you can select whether or not to display the profile picture from your social network.
- Easier navigation on the global map: a special arrow shows where your city is. Tapping the button moves you to your city.
- Time to craft more: many new equipment items were added for the level 21 Forge!
- When you demolish a building in your city, the amount of power you lose with demolishing is displayed in the demolition window.
- A new option was added to the pre-battle window: you can now apply a kit of several Potions of Attack and Defense with a single button.
- It is now easier to navigate in the storage in your Forge: like in the Craft menu, the storage now has filters for easy search of an equipment item.
- If you hold a material icon in dungeons, not only the material name is displayed now, but also the amount of this material available in your inventory.
- If you have enough runes to build a statue, the slots for statues are highlighted.
- If you want to play a current battle again, you don't need to exit the battle in dungeons: the victory window now features a Replay button for such cases.
- The game now remembers if you enabled battle acceleration and activates it automatically in the next battle.
- Bonuses of prize mounts and city skins are displayed in the list of tournament prizes.
- More valuable gifts are awarded for sending a series of ships!
- Power points received for upgrading your Hero/Generals do not count towards the Altar of Power.